Hethersett Hawks Cycle Speedway Club
Also on this site
9 Meadow Close
Hethersett NR9 3DZ
Tel: 01603 811304
Mob: 07767 795 184
To e-mail click here
Hethersett Memorial Field
for directions click here
Club AGM January 2009
Hethersett Hawks/Swinton and Co held their Annual General Meeting and members were told of the most successful year in the Club's history after extensive work on the track. They were also advised of a challenging year ahead which starts next week with a party going off to race in Australia and a summer packed with British events all over the country on Saturdays and a full Regional programme on Sundays. The Club will be looking to expand its membership to cope with the array of competitions, especially looking to recruit more girls and 10-16 year-olds. A number of development centres will be held during the summer.
Meanwhile, the Club are hoping to announce some major first-team signings before the season starts in March. The Club Committee was re-elected en bloc with the exception of resignations from Chris Collins and Margaret Cossey, who were both thanked for their services.
The Club also heard this week that they have been drawn away again in the British Team Championship, the sport's FA Cup equivalent. After trips to Bury (2007) and Sandwell (2008) this year they face Premier League Sheffield in June.
Below are the official club minutes from the agm
MINUTES OF 2009 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 25TH
January, Methodist Church Hall 2pm
Present – 7
1) Chairman John Nelson welcomed those attending
2) Apologies were recorded from J. Bedson, M.Cossey & the Collins family.
3) The minutes of last year’s AGM as provided by Mel Perkins were accepted as a true record
4) Matters arising - None
5) Mel Perkins gave a Secretary’s report – he emphasised the successes of 2008 and thanked everybody who had worked so hard, on the drainage and new shale surface. Good attendance at club nights and lots of praise for our attendance at EURO Club Championships. Special thanks to Chris, Tim, & Dave Chambers for all their help, Simon for sponsership work & Dave Martin. Caroline for refreshments Margaret & Julie for party & Lesley for First Aid & John Nelson for keeping us all in order. Disappointments – playing field and riders letting us down. We need more support from riders and parents.
6) Mel Perkins gave a brief Treasurers Report on the information he had. Lesley is not charging for laundry as there isn’t much. Discussed monies owing to the club from the Abbotts and Dave Martin. Thanks given to all out sponsors.
7) Amendments to the constitution - No changes
8) Reports of BCF, South East League East Anglian & Norfolk AGMs. Terry Ashford is our regional representative. The draw for the British Team Championships - we are away to Sheffield on June 7th. Dave Flemming and Gary Brown have resigned & Mel Perkins has taken over as chairman and Kevin Smith is on the Exec. Garry Brown is to continue to do statistics.
9) Membership update – Nick Myhill has signed transfer form to Hethersett on 19.12.08. This had been delayed by Norwich not signing – agreed Mel to write to them and refer to BCF if necessary. Mel provided a list of riders.
10) Mel gave out fixture lists
11) Club events – Club Championships to be on Tuesdays in September, best pairs & maiden plate at the end of the season. Charity Cup date to be found on a spare Wednesday.
12) Pre season – Generator to be serviced. Weather so bad nothing much done at track it needs a general tidy up. Will start Feb.1.
13) Development plan - Go Ride - not enough people at the meeting to discuss.
14) Election of Officers - all carried two resigning Chris Collins and Margaret Cossey.
15) Election of Committee as is
16) Election of Team Officials etc. to be left for another meeting.
17) Referees – R.Abbott has resigned as a referee. Referees course organised by Dave Hunting at Gt. Blakenham if anybody interested.
18) Membership fees & travelling expenses – committee to decide.
19) Any other business - Playing field bill, Mel to write to playing field committee. Web site to be commissioned. Simon to be asked to get a set of shirts for club.
20) Date of next committee meeting 5th February at social club at 8pm.. John Nelson very disappointed at turn out for AGM.